Slewing Rings Solutions
TGB Group is a leading international manufacturer and distributor of slewing rings. Our products are subjected to the most extreme conditions to ensure optimum performance, as we have been trusted by the best companies in the industry for over 30 years.
Our wide range of slewing ring bearings, coupled with the extensive experience of our technical department, makes TGB Group the choice for the most demanding customers.
E, I, SD and Casting Series
The main types of slewing ring bearings manufactured by TGB are external gearing, internal gearing, plain gearing or stamped steel.
In addition, depending on your application, they incorporate balls or rollers, single or double row. We also have a lightweight series with low weight and high performance slewing rings.
At TGB Group we have a wide range of standard models, but if your project requires a special bearing, our team of engineers will be ready to help you find or design the product that best suits your needs.
Single Ball Row
Double Ball Row
Single Roller Row
Slew bearings, also known as turntable bearings, slewing rings or four-point contact ball bearings, are used in a wide range of applications in various sectors. Some examples of sectors where slew bearings are used include:
- Construction machinery: Slew bearings are used in equipment such as excavators, cranes, aerial work platforms, and drilling machines. They allow the machinery to rotate smoothly and precisely in a wide range of movements, from full 360-degree rotation to limited circular motion.
- Wind energy: Slewing rings are used in wind turbines to allow the blades to rotate and change direction with the wind. These bearings must withstand heavy loads and operate reliably in extreme conditions, such as in high humidity or low temperatures.
- Robotics: Slewing bearings are used in industrial robots and other automation systems to allow circular movement and rotation of the platform. These bearings must be highly precise and robust to withstand the load and repetitive work cycles.
- Medical equipment: Slew bearings are used in medical equipment such as hospital beds and examination chairs to allow rotation and movement of the platform. These bearings must be precise and smooth to avoid any disturbance to the patient and medical staff.
- Aerospace industry: Slew bearings are used in a wide variety of applications in the aerospace industry, including wheel steering systems, antenna platforms, stabilization systems, and much more. These bearings must be lightweight, strong, and operate reliably in extreme conditions, such as extreme temperatures and high pressure.
- Material handling equipment: Slew bearings are used in cranes, material handlers, and other equipment used to move and transport heavy loads. They allow the equipment to rotate and maneuver with precision, making it easier to position and place materials.
- Military and defense: Slew bearings are used in military vehicles and equipment, such as tanks, missile launchers, and radar systems. They allow the equipment to rotate and track targets, making it easier to aim and fire weapons or track incoming threats.
- Mining and mineral processing: Slew bearings are used in mining equipment such as excavators, draglines, and conveyor systems. They allow the equipment to rotate and move materials efficiently, reducing downtime and improving productivity.
- Marine and offshore: Slew bearings are used in marine equipment such as cranes, davits, and winches, as well as in offshore oil and gas platforms. They allow the equipment to rotate and lift heavy loads, making it easier to perform maintenance and repairs.
- Agriculture: Slew bearings are used in agricultural equipment such as harvesters and sprayers. They allow the equipment to rotate and maneuver in tight spaces, making it easier to harvest crops or spray fields with precision.
In summary, slew bearings are used in a wide variety of industries and applications where rotation and maneuverability are important. They provide smooth and precise motion, allowing equipment to operate efficiently and reliably.
Slewing rings can be driven by planetary gearboxes and pinions, discover our full range of related products.